(no subject)
Sep. 29th, 2006 03:33 am*Meg's been shuttling between the Threshold and the House of Arch, mostly, for the past few days, with occasional stops to check about her lost coffee mug; it's only this morning that she's stopped by the bar long enough to receive a letter.
An executive decision: Family politics might make it awkward to read in the Threshold, and the main bar is a little less private than might be hoped.
A half hour passes; and now Meg is sitting at the chair behind Andrew's desk, frowning down at the letter open in front of her and twisting a pendant between her fingers.*
An executive decision: Family politics might make it awkward to read in the Threshold, and the main bar is a little less private than might be hoped.
A half hour passes; and now Meg is sitting at the chair behind Andrew's desk, frowning down at the letter open in front of her and twisting a pendant between her fingers.*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 03:53 am (UTC)Meg?
What is it?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:03 am (UTC)It's not - I mean, it's just that Moiraine -
*She sees the duffel, taking in the implications, and after half a beat goes on.*
- going back to her own world for a little while, is all. She'll be all right, I just haven't seen her for a bit. To hear what the status is.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:07 am (UTC)*His eyes are a little wide, at that.*
I -- did she say what for?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:15 am (UTC)I mean. I - would guess it's for the usual. I know she's got business, she needs to take care of -
*A half shrug.*
I worry, is all. But she can take care of herself.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:20 am (UTC)*And if he's thinking of certain parts of a certain book, he doesn't say anything.*
Meanwhile, I've got stuff going on back home too. *He lifts the duffel by way of emphasis.* Needed to pick up a few things here.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:23 am (UTC)*Meg nods at the duffel, rising from the seat with alacrity.*
What d'you need? I can help you look, if you like -
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:35 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:43 am (UTC)Left-hand desk drawer. Underneath the notes on un-openable boxes.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 04:58 am (UTC)You are amazing.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:09 am (UTC)*She pulls open the drawer, ruffling through the papers to find the passport; her gaze directed down:* So what's the business at home?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:12 am (UTC)Angel came through. He's sending us to England to warn the Council.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:21 am (UTC)Warning the Council doesn't sound like a mission of extreme danger, although, of course, in Andrew's world, one never knows.
Lightly:* Is he paying the plane fare, then?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:30 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:36 am (UTC)Want an olive branch to go with that?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:39 am (UTC)Is there something that means 'right, you lot, stop fighting and get along, you're behaving like idiots'?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:41 am (UTC)Fortunately for everyone concerned, she manages to censor it before it can come out.*
Er. A rolled-up newspaper?
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:46 am (UTC)*Then starts laughing, and can't stop.*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 05:59 am (UTC)Glitter as an added bonus.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 01:25 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:01 pm (UTC)See? I am getting better with symbolism, *she says, and pulls out the passport, triumphantly.*
Voila.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:05 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:18 pm (UTC)Apparently, the payment is acceptable.*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:35 pm (UTC)I don't know what's gonna be, after this.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:43 pm (UTC)*Meg looks up at him, brow furrowed a little.*
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:52 pm (UTC)I don't know if the Council's gonna reinstate me and Jonathan or not, or if they're gonna reconcile with Angel's people, or what.
So what I do next is gonna depend on what a lot of other people do next.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 06:55 pm (UTC)But either way - it's either going to be the Council or Angel, isn't it? I mean, you'll be working with one or the other, regardless. And you've worked with both before -
no subject
Date: 2006-09-29 07:04 pm (UTC)I just hope they figure out that we're all on the same side here.
no subject
Date: 2006-09-30 05:46 am (UTC)I dunno if it's ever as easy as two sides.
But you've all got the same enemies - and that's something.
no subject
Date: 2006-10-01 03:17 am (UTC)*He takes a breath, and smiles. It's not much of an effort.*
So however this ends, there's still the job.
no subject
Date: 2006-10-01 03:22 am (UTC)And keeps her own, very faint hint of wistfulness out of her voice.*
And there's still you and Jonathan - and there's you having tried to do the right thing. And still being able to do it.
no subject
Date: 2006-10-01 03:29 am (UTC)That's ... yeah.
And there's still here.
no subject
Date: 2006-10-01 03:37 am (UTC)- well, that was never a question.
no subject
Date: 2006-10-01 03:52 am (UTC)Never.