(no subject)
Apr. 1st, 2008 10:07 pmMeg wouldn't have even thought to stop by Andrew's door . . . if she hadn't seen the sign while on her way to Lilly's apartment.
When your ex-boyfriend puts up a notice telling everyone to go away - well, there's really only one logical thing to do.
Meg steps up to the door, frowning, and knocks.
When your ex-boyfriend puts up a notice telling everyone to go away - well, there's really only one logical thing to do.
Meg steps up to the door, frowning, and knocks.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-02 05:10 am (UTC)*Maybe he's asleep.*
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 03:29 am (UTC)But there's always the chance that three years of romantic history and a tragic death have earned Meg the right not to be ignored. It's worth a try, anyways.
"Andrew?" she calls, through the door. "It's me - Meg."
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 03:38 am (UTC)*And then the silence takes on a slightly different tone, as of holding one's breath.*
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 03:43 am (UTC)He ought to talk to someone.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 03:50 am (UTC)*And then, muffled:*
It's open.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 03:57 am (UTC)Meg pushes the door open - more hesitantly than might be expected from her words a moment ago - and slips through.
"I saw the sign," she says, by way of explanation.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 04:05 am (UTC)*Andrew's lying face down on the bed, fully clothed except for shoes. He doesn't quite look up when she comes in.*
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 04:14 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 04:19 am (UTC)*He pushes himself up, blinking a little.*
Time is it?
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 04:30 am (UTC)"I wouldn't be the right person to ask."
She looks around - can't sit on the bed, obviously, moving the chair would be too conspicuous - and settles for leaning back against the desk.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 04:40 am (UTC)So I guess you heard.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 05:01 am (UTC)Meg blinks at him. "I told you - I saw the sign and thought - well, I guessed something must have happened, but -"
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 05:07 am (UTC)*He looks up, exhausted dread struggling to life in his eyes.*
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 05:10 am (UTC)She hasn't seen him this bad in a long, long time. Years.
Her hands are folded together in front of her, fingers tightening and loosening on each other.
"Whatever it is," she suggests, in a small voice, "it would probably be easier just to tell me now and get it over with?"
no subject
Date: 2008-04-03 05:18 am (UTC)I already told it once, I don't --
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:24 am (UTC)But that was over a long time ago.
"- it's okay," she says quickly.
"It's okay, you don't have to, just - is there anything I can do?"
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:26 am (UTC)*He looks up.*
I should tell you.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:39 am (UTC)There is no way that can be good.
Meg holds his gaze, and folds her hands tight, and says nothing.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:41 am (UTC)*He gives a short laugh, a terrible lost sound.*
You were right the whole time. And I shouldn't have -- I almost did it to you, I would have, except you wouldn't let me and you were right, Meg --
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:46 am (UTC)Not this time.
Her voice is barely a whisper. "How was I - what was I right about?"
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 05:52 am (UTC)And trying to get your l-life back.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 06:05 am (UTC)She sounds really frightened, now - there's far too many people she knows who could fit that description.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 06:13 am (UTC)He's, he ...
He just found out what g-getting brought back to life cost him.
no subject
Date: 2008-04-04 06:21 am (UTC)It hits her, the second after she's said it, what a stupid thing it is to ask.
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2011-11-02 12:08 am (UTC)